Saturday, August 23, 2014

Practice Blog Post

Outline
A. About me
1. My name
2. From
3. Family
4. Interests
B. Education
1. Associate's
2. Cosmetology
3. University of South Alabama


     My name is Veronica Pharez Nall but everyone calls me Ronni. I am recently married so Pharez is my maiden name and Nall is my new married name. I am born and raised from Fairhope, AL. My parents house is on the river so I grew up loving the outdoors and swimming. The majority of my childhood was outside playing in the dirt and getting sweaty so you could say I am a tomboy. I have two older brothers so I grew up knowing how to hold my own. They would give me hard times sometimes which was fine because it has made me into the person I am today. My brothers are ten and seven years older than me though so once I was in middle school both of my brothers were out of the house. It was kind of like growing up as an only child. Since I am the baby and I am the only girl I would say I probably have been more spoiled then them but I don't take that for granted and I am certainly not unappreciative. My parents have been married for over thirty-five years and I hope my marriage lasts as long as theirs. I love my family so much and look up to them for all that they have accomplished and done in their lives. I am a very active and competitive person, so I love playing sports and excepting challenges. I have done almost every sport at least once some on teams others just for fun. I have done volleyball, basketball, soccer, track, cheer-leading, backyard football, tennis, swimming, golf, disc golf, and rodeo. My favorite is rodeo. I got my first horse when I was in the 5th grade and that is when I started rodeoing. The events I competed in were barrel racing, pole bending, goat tying, and breakaway roping. I still ride my horses every chance I get and still compete in barrel racing whenever I can.
     After I graduated from high school I moved to Snyder, TX to attend Western Texas College where I received an associates of arts. This was a very small town it had a wal-mart, which was not a super wal-mart, had about six fast food places, two nice family owned restaurants, a bowling alley, and a two room theater. The reason I chose this school is a bunch of rodeo people from Alabama were all going to school out there so I decided to join. It was a fun experience and met a lot of great people but it is not somewhere I would ever want to live permanently. I moved home after I finished school and I wasn't sure what I wanted to get a degree in so after some thinking I decided to go to school for cosmetology at Genesis in Daphne, AL. At Genesis I had to complete 1500 hours of cutting hair, coloring hair, manicures, pedicures, waxing, and facials. After graduating I started working in a salon and did this for a couple years but I still did some other work on the side. One of which was subbing in a school. I loved it so much that I decided to go back to school to get my degree in Elementary Education. I chose South Alabama because it is the closest University to where I live and so far I love it. I think in the 21st century an educator's work responsibility is to provide a safe and fun environment for the kids to learn in, to teach kids what they need to learn and make sure they are retaining the information, as well as being there for them for whatever they need.

Me and my horse

Learn about horses

No comments:

Post a Comment