Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Blog Post #7

I think all schools in time will go to technology based learning. Our world is continually evolving and we all have to evolve with it. I think technology is a good source to learn things because it can give you almost information you need at your fingertips as well as making it fun. I think there are many website sources out there that I don't know about that will be good to use in the classroom. As my strengths I would say I am pretty good at figuring things out so if I came across a new site or app and needed to know how it works I could figure it out. As a weakness I think there is a lot out there I don't know about. For example, that recording and QR website are both really good sites that I have never heard about and I will definitely use those when I am a teacher. I think to get ready I will just need to pay attention and take inn all the different methods of project based learning teachers do and find the ones I will want to do one day.

From watching How to make an audio QR code I learned a great way to record yourself and how to turn it into a QR code. As a teacher you can use this to record yourself reading a store or even giving directions that way students can listen to over and over again if they want.

From watching iPad in the Reading Center I learned that using ipads to record yourself while you are reading is a great way to go back and check yourself to see if you have made any mistakes. I also think this will encourage students to read  because it will be fun to use the ipad.

From watching Poplet as a Center I learned that this is a great app to use to let students let you know about a book he or she read. You can take pictures of the book and add text to each picture you take until you have enough to make a little slide show.

From watching Alabama Virtual Library as a Kidergarten Center I learned that this is a great source for students to figure out what a word means and even examples of this word. This is very educational for kids to learn on their own.

From watching How to use a and build a Board in Discovery Education  I learned that this is a great source for kids to use for showing you what they know about a certain thing. Each board has a title, a picture, and facts about what the student knows. In DE kids can even record themselves and at it to their board.

From watching Using imovie and the Alabama Virtual Library in Kindergarten I learned that even children as young as kindergarten can use technology to teach you what they know. To me this gets kids so involved because they love using technology.

From watching We All Become Learners I learned that everyone is a learner when it comes to technology. Students teach teachers and teachers teach students. I think a great project for students would make a lesson teaching something. This lets students get involved and you never know what else someone may learn.


Technology Teaching



2 comments:

  1. Great post Ronni. We have similar strengths and weaknesses. I had never heard of a QR code before I watched the tutorial of how it can be used in the classroom. However, it can be a useful tool to help students improve their reading skills. Teachers can no longer deny that technology doesn't have a positive impact on students. We are witnessing how technology is transforming the classroom in a impactful way. Technology is helping students earn better test scores and learn more effectively. As a future teacher I will use QR codes as a resource for promote learning in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete